Friday, December 27, 2013

Bubblemania.......


I purchased a couple sets of these bubble lights a few years ago.  I vaguely remember them from older days as we had one strand of them when I was a kid and the thin material wrapped around the wires made them very dangerous.  I always share the story of seeing these on a tree at the country school near our farm home that dad and mom rented.  My three older brothers attended there and we went for a Christmas party and I suppose a program.  I wasn't very old, maybe going on 4 years old, and  to keep that memory seems strange but I did.

I think I can pull down only two memories from the school even though our school bus passed buy it everyday when I was older and attending the town school. The other memory is of sitting on a runner board of a car and running up and down in the ditch.  I do remember that they had something inside the glass vacuum tubes of filled with something like little rocks which would cause the lights to have a pinging sound as the water bubbled. Someday I hope to find more sets on sale at retail again.  I have not seen them for sale for a long time.  I have seen the ancient strands for sale on the internet.

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

We just have one set and I don't put it on for very long as it gets real warm:)

ScrappySandie said...

Hi Larry~ Hope you & Della had a nice Christmas! I love your old fashioned ornaments and the bubble lights! I remember growing up with those too! Thanks for the memories!

Karen said...

I love the bubble lights and old fashioned ornaments...reminds me of Grandmother's decorations.

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.