Monday, January 6, 2014

Chickadee Day.......


I think this is a reposting of this shot but I really like it.  The photo was taken a few weeks back and I don't think I posted it on Photo a Day. It probably was thrown in as a group of shots on Creative Zone.   They are a difficult bird to capture with the camera just like the nuthatch.  The are hyper active and can fly in, grab a seed and fly out before you get the camera turned on or in focus.  The feeders are busy this morning as I dressed warmly to give them fresh seed with cracked corn in it.  It was a -14 degrees F. most of the night and it will warm up to -4 F. if we are lucky.  Schools canceled everywhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, clear shot. You two be careful. Glad you don't have to get out. I guess the dogs hate to go out even briefly.

The Capitol.....

 A shot through a large window creates an unusual yet usual effect. The Iowa State Capital has new gold leaf on its dome.