Wednesday, January 8, 2014

It Is Cold Out Here.........


While we would spend some of our summers at a cabin in Minnesota, we became accustomed to the chipmunks and their needs.  I believe the chipmunk would go home and watch tv while sitting in his lazy boy chair once all the summer folks went home.  I can still see them dancing across the grass looking and waiting for the benefits of food from people.

The squirrels seem to be of the same animal family as the chipmunks.  The three of our squirrels have great antics that they are pulling between the times that the dogs are going outside.  I have yet to see them take the apples that I put out but they do take them. 

7 comments:

Valerie said...

I love that picture, Larry. I hope the little creature isn't suffering in your cold weather. We don't have chipmunks but it is a delight to see the squirrels and birds eating the fallen apples that we deliberately let lie.

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and good wishes. Hubby is writing a note to all his well wishers, via my blog of course.

Anonymous said...

What a great photo! John and I always laughed that the chipmunks probably have a den with pine paneling with artwork on the walls!

Linda said...

It is very cold here in Montreal as well, Larry. Your photo is delightful, it warms my heart. Thank you so much for sharing.

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a fun expression...it made me smile...thanks:)

claude said...

Excellent capture, Larry : He is very cute.
I did not see any squirrel this winter yet.

George said...

This is a great photo of the squirrel. I like the snow on his chin.

Karen said...

What a great close-up! We had so many chipmunks in Bloomington IN I think the IU students fed them and made them feel so at-home! Another great photo of AJ and his dad on your sidebar!

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...