Friday, February 7, 2014

I Can't See You,,,,,,,,,,


Barney has a fear of camera's.  As a stray dog before he was rescued he apparently became afraid and distrusted lots of things.  Flying frizbies, men in hats, and camera's are some of his things he shy's away from or growls at to fend off the object coming his way.  He can play ball as it isn't a large visual thing. He is very protective of the property though and will take out a salesmen any day who comes to the door, so we have to put  him in the bathroom or outside when they ring our doorbell.

While out in the cold a few days ago, I took this casual but unusual shot.  I wanted to get his face but he ran off immediately when he saw me with the camera.  I wanted to show you his healthy coat.  He has such allergies in the warmer seasons and this is the best he has looked for a few years.  Dog people call this color of this border collie a tan color.  I have always called him yellow.  It almost is an orange color in outdoor light.  Dog breeders say that a red, redbrown parent and a black and white parent have at least one tan pup in their offspring.

Barney has decided that it is fun to go outside again as the roar of the wind kept him inside.  He goes out a lot in the very cold as long as the wind stays quiet. In this photo he is view a neighbor cat walking down the alley and of course is telling the cat to stay away from our property.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barney's coat does look good. I guess he told that cat off!!!

Linda said...

Awwww....bless his heart, Larry. Sweet photo.

Valerie said...

I'm glad his coat is in better condition now. Actually, Barney's not alone, I don't like frizbie's either, neither my two dogs.

Caroline Gill said...

What a lovely fellow! We had Shetland Sheepdogs when I was growing up ... and the golden brown one's colour was known as 'sable', which always struck me as strange, when sable in heraldry means black ... I believe!

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...