Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sqwaking Bluejay............


I was out putting up my daily ear of corn on the squirrel feeder.  As I approached the tree I could hear a bird scolding me.  I tried to take pictures of it and kept getting tree photos but no bird.  The call was a bluejay and you can see I finally got him in the cameras viewfinder. I don't know if he is doing territorial calls or if he is concerned about the corn supply that is at my feet.  As the squirrels eat their corn they shell out some waste onto the ground.  I saw this same bird out and squawking later in the afternoon.  I don't know if he is looking for a mate or if he is just keeping his territory cleared from other male bluejays.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

You would think birds would tell us why they're squawking, wouldn't you? After all we do feed them so we're entitled to know... smiles.

Anonymous said...

Blue jays are quite noisy. I saw mourning doves this a.m. I enjoy hearing them.

Reflection