Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sunday's Still Life.......


I didn't need to use my emergency wood pile for fuel this winter but it stays put as winter is still not over here in Iowa.  It does look a whole lot more promising as our daylight is so much clearer and bright.  A part of spring is having the light turned back on after having the earth tilt away from the sun for so long.  The birds are still coming to the feeders and the snow will not be melting much today.  The week of a mild heat spell will clear my sidewalks and make things muddy for a long while.

Having taken shots of the flowers that bloom in the house gets me excited about the flowers that will bloom again.  I am not watching for things to shoot through the ground but I bet some of the plants are doing that in the snow and will do more this week.  When the peonies start shooting through I know we will be truly seeing green again and not white. The longer days of light is great and daylight savings time will take its toll on my body as I have to shift to earlier morning starts.  It is good to get use to it as the summer schedule of work requires me to shift one more hour to be ready to go to the job by six o'clock in the morning.  Have a good day today.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Yesterday I counted all the new growth pushing through the ground and the blossoms forming on the trees, and thanked the good Lord for sparing us from snow this year.

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.