Saturday, April 12, 2014

Saturday's Shot........


They dropped the prices on the orchids, so I purchased one.  It is hard to choose which one as they are all great in their own way.  Even the white orchid is a stunning flower. I will keep track to see how long I can keep this one going.  Summer humidity won't be hard on it but this winter and the heating system will bother it.  I may put a plastic tent over it during the winter. 

I remember these kinds of orchids are called the moth orchid.  I will never remember the more technical name. I am always amazed as to who markets these blooms.  Walmart of course brings in a few but to see the home centers industry push them and drug stores selling them does seem unusual. I guess anywhere including grocery stores where some plants are sold that they are out there.

4 comments:

Hilary said...

Oh they're lovely, Larry.

Linda said...

How beautiful, Larry!

Anonymous said...

So very pretty.

Wishing you two a blessed Easter coming up.

Valerie said...

My favourites. I really must try and get another plant.

Bouquet