Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Southern Transport.......to Iowa


My neighbor has a friend that lives in southern Texas in the winter.  One of the neighbors of Lillian,   in Texas, was going to toss a large planting of these so it was rescued and brought back to Iowa.  Three of us have taken parts of it and each have a nice specimen.  Mine is weathered a lot from being in the hot sun.  It was one of the oldest parts of the plant but I think it will brighten up with a little care, or lack of care.  The granite pan doesn't have drainage so I will have to keep it on the porch out of the rain.  I know nothing about this kind of plant but I am assuming someone can tell me or I will look it up someday.

2 comments:

claude said...

I love the pot. My hubbt's sister planted in an old water pot and an old milk pail.
The palm tree is mine, Larry, I have both planted in the soil, others both in big pots and I have a little nursery.

George said...

It's neat that you've been able to take in this Texas transplant and enabled it to thrive.

Bouquet