Tuesday, May 13, 2014

New Growth.......


As the blue jays are seen hitting the trees they find new growth on the evergreens that makes for good eating. I suspect that this tree has matured too far now for them to be interested in them anymore.

 When the neighbor girl was young she would encourage her parents to buy the ten trees for ten bucks from the National Arbor Association. She planted these trees close together and for many years. I think she quit planting as she ran out of room to put them.  The little girl still lives there and is now a mother of three children ans the trees are now mature specimens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty photo. When John and I first married we planted those 10 trees. I need to ride by our first home and see how they are doing!

Jeevan said...

That's sweet story behind this growth :) The nib of the tree seems like pine seeds.

Blurry Blue Cup Day.....

 It is Monday and I am a little blurry eyed today. It is fitting then my blue cup is blurred a little because it is in low light. I was too ...