Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sunday's Shot.........



The last of the clematis is shown here. The white petals of the others are laying on the grown like giant snowflakes.  The vine put out a lot of great flowers this spring and the rains really never seem to weather them or damage them. The weathered wood you see on the garden gate in which the vine grows photographs well.  Unfortunately the weathering reveals to me that I will have to rebuild everything as most of the wood was not weather treated wood.  I had recycled lumber from different projects in order to build the blue gate area.

3 comments:

Kay said...

Wow! That is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photograph. I've seen a lot of clematis vines in our new neighborhood.
We were notified by the police and our old (good) neighbor of children being disrespectful to our last home. The police advised us to put up a saw horse with a no trespassing sign. John has been picking up scraps of lumber from the homes being built on our new street; he built a saw horse!!! It's not pretty but it works just fine and the naughty kids will most likely tear it up anyway!

A Colorful World said...

I like the weathered wood. And the clematis is gorgeous!

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...