Thursday, August 14, 2014

Old Tree.............



When I first bought my house back int 1976 there were five of these on the property.  The 38 years of growth has made them larger than ever.  Two of them are now gone.  One came down onto two of my cars back in the 80's and another was removed by the city.  The city removed the one on the corner as people couldn't see around it when turning into the intersection. 

The trees keep growing and the tops of them die out and drop dead limbs down during a storm.  I have one that needs to be removed that is hanging over the front of my house.  Someday I will probably just have to have the last three removed.   I was out trying to catch a shot of the woodpecker when I took the picture of the one old tree.

4 comments:

George said...

It's a shame you may need to remove one or more of these grand old trees, but I certainly understand. We have large old trees around out house and I keep my fingers crossed during bad wind storms.

Anonymous said...

It's a grand old tree.

We don't have any trees near our present home. We were fortunate last year that when two trees fell at the last house, they fell away from the home.

Alan Burnett said...

In the words of the old poem - I sometimes think I'll never see - anything as lovely as a photo of a tree.

Valerie said...

I always worry about trees, yet they are so beautiful.

I wish our council would clamp down on those whose trees block the motorist's view. I curse them every day.

Reflection