Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Another Butterfly......


I am in the middle of working on my drain system under my kitchen and I walk out to get a tool.  There was a monarch doing its thing trying to get every amount of nectar that it could from this flower.  Normally the monarch closes its wings while eating but for some reason this one didn't do that. Later in the day another monarch showed up.

I guess I can call that a migration with two butterflies. I suppose they will eventually get south enough to meet up with the larger groups.  With the first butterfly spending most of the day eating I am sure it is storing up energy for the next part of its journey.  I didn't have a chance to see how the second butterfly was doing but it didn't open its wings while it was eating.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another pretty photo. Take care.

The Furry Gnome said...

Always nice to see another monarch!

Valerie said...

Wow what a beautiful shot of the monarch. You are lucky to have them fly into your garden.

A Colorful World said...

Glad you saw another one! Great photo!

lark said...

That's a unique angle...beautiful!

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...