Monday, September 22, 2014

The Final Curtain.......


The smaller sunflower is seeing its last days.  Gone are the maroon leaves of the flower and now the seeds are maturing.  I keep waiting to see when the birds start to feed on them.  Fall is here even though I am not ready for it to be here.

As I search for interesting and different photos for my blog I have to discern a good photograph from a pretty picture.  I have some really great shots of color that look more just pretty than one that stands out as a good photo.  This shot was selected over many different ones as the maturing flower creates an ugly rather than a beauty.  I still think there is a beauty in it at this stage and the leaves and stems really do create a great design.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the different textures in this photo.

claude said...

Me too.
I love the photo of Button in the foliage.

Valerie said...

I agree with you, there is beauty in plants at all stages of their life. Hope the birds get their fair share of seeds.

ScrappySandie said...

This really IS a great photo, Larry. The colors, textures and fine detail are all amazing...makes a great composition. Even the tiny hairs on the leaves...wow!

ScrappySandie said...

Looked at this one again and I'm thinking it could be a Van Gogh painting!

Jeevan said...

No doubt, it’s a pretty photo! Life is not always beautiful, we should be ready to accept and appreciate the other side of it.

A Colorful World said...

It is a sad shot.

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...