Thursday, November 6, 2014

Blue Jays.........


A quick shot that didn't give me time to straighten the camera.  I like the face of the top bird and the colors of the back of the jay is beautiful.  I had just dumped some seed leftovers from the cockatiel cage and three blues hit the feeder in an instant.  Having not being use to the feeder being moved back closer to the dining room window I was paniced in finding the camera to take a shot of three jays at once. 










As proof that there were three bluejays on the feeder you can see this very bad shot of the one at the bottom and the feet of the two others at the top. While the three were out there a cardinal was swooping around in disgust as he wanted to be at the feeder.  There seems to be only one male cardinal hanging around and I am hoping that the female is out there somewhere.

The cold weather is starting to bring in the sparrows and juncos.  I was pleased to see the juncos are now back for the winter.  I guess they are coming from up north. 

5 comments:

Linda said...

They are lovely, Larry! How nice to see them. I have only seen one in my area (Montreal), but I have seen a few cardinals. For myself they are hard to photograph, as they are fast. LOL! :)

George said...

I know from personal experience that it is not easy to get good photos of birds in action. It's obvious that the bluejays liked the seed leftovers you put out for them.

Hilary said...

Fine shots. We have an over abundance of blue jays around here but nary a cardinal.. though I did see one in transit the other day. She stopped for mere moments at the feeder and moved on. The only one I've seem since moving here. I miss those beauties.

I hope your cardinal's mate shows up soon. They often shy away from the feeder for a while. Watch to see if the male takes food for her elsewhere.

Anonymous said...

We love watching the birds.

Valerie said...

We have jays, although ours are a different colour.... still beautiful though.

Reflection