Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Good Morning Sunshine..........


It is nice to see the sun again this morning.  I don't have that great horizon in which I can capture it as it is on someone's property.  It is like certain people who  own a beach on the ocean, my neighbor's own the  horizon because they are on the edge of town.  So I will share the glow of the sun through the trees with the neighbor's houses all in front of the horizon.

I really regret posting this yesterday as it got me into trouble elsewhere.  I was good posting it on my own blog.  I like the piece and it does look like old glass.  Yes, I did get answers of it being an ashtray.  I still don't know if it's history but the glass it is made with seems like old glass.

The problem I got into was I thought it would be nice to post it on the blog Dusty Old Thing.   It was ok but with facebook being what it is, it put it up also on my timeline and my whole set of fb people saw it too.  I was innocently wanting some of the antique people to give some answers.  I see that Dusty Old Thing has pulled it from their blog, deeming it unworthy or foolish to put up with real antiques.  I think all my friends response on my timeline did make it into a less than trivial piece and I didn't intend for Dusty Old Thing to see them. 

Anyway I guess I should think before I post.  Yes, people there were glass furniture coasters when my grandmother was around in the 50's and 60's. I looked them up as antique furniture glass coasters and the sites pop up right away with them being for sale. They were around in the late 1800's.  No, this probably was not one as it has less than a flat bottom and yes, it has indents to hold cigarettes.  I did find out my neighbor up the street has a set of three of them and maybe I will give it to her to add to her collection.  It all turned out to be a humorous thing. My mother kept it among her crystal things in the hutch because glass is glass not matter what.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the post and learned something new from you. I rarely am on facebook; seems something always goes wrong for me there!

Betsy Brock said...

Your morning sun is lovely...I can't see a good sunrise from our windows ...well, not even a glimpse of one! Funny how our view is blocks by houses and trees.

Fun story about the ash tray. :)

Valerie said...

My visits to Facebook are few and far between... by choice. It's the intrusiveness that puts me off. It would be a nice gesture to give your neighbour the ashtray.

Jeevan said...

Love the sunshine through the window... Nice old ashtray though they don’t consider it antique.

Reflection