Saturday, November 15, 2014

Two Ears.............


Squirrel food is on the menu.  I bought a sack of corn at the Walmart to help slow down the critters from hitting my bird feeders. I put the corn on the one feeder north of the house and I installed another squirrel feeder to the south of the house.  It was an old feeder my dad had built and I brought it home for use.





It helps a little at keeping the animals fed but they do like their corn shelled out for them in which they can find at the feeder.  Corn harvested for squirrel food has to either be picked by hand or they have an old fashion picker that picks it but doesn't shell off the kernels from the corn. All the combines today have a built in sheller to take the kernels off of the ear and collects the seed in a hopper.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I'll have to look out for the cobs. The squirrels and their destructive habits are driving me mad. I don't mind feeding them but really they should leave the birdseed alone.

Reflection