Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Bubble Lights.........




I have told the story many times before about seeing my first bubble lights in a country school in 1953.  I really liked the tingling sound that they made as the old sets had small pieces of metal or glass to bounce inside of the fluid.  The new sets do not have that feature.   The two sets that I have were purchased at a local store in Perry.  I think the manager wanted them off the shelf at the end of the season and I obliged him or her. The price was very low as they were the last two sets.  I have never seen them on sale at any store since that time 10 or more years ago.  I still need to replace a couple of bulbs and someday it will happen.  I don't think I am brave enough to own an original set that can be bought on ebay as I think the wiring was poor then and would be worst after all these years.  They are hard to keep straight on a tree but the artificial tree is accommodating with its wire branches. 

3 comments:

Kay said...

I love bubble lights.

The Furry Gnome said...

I've never seen one of those.

claude said...

Beautiful decorations, Larry.
I bought two Christmas canddles and two little houses with light inside.

Balance of Strong Colors....

  The Rembrandt kind of tulips are just now starting to bloom. The colors are so vibrant.