Sunday, December 7, 2014

Train Wreck..........


Bringing this train set downstairs I placed them on the table willy nilly as I had my arms full of other stuff.  My grandma Brooks would have called it a lazy man's load, carrying too many things at one time rather than making two trips. I needed to clean up the set doing some serious dusting and cleaning of the old set. The tanker car is not originally from this set but an older set that my older brothers had.  It is the lone survivor of that set.  My brother and I received this set in the late 50's together from Santa Claus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Special memories of your childhood train set. Wishing you two a blessed Sunday.

The Furry Gnome said...

Always loved model trains!

Jeevan said...

I am sure it made you feel nostalgic! I too still preserve some of my childhood cars.

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...