Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Guest Photographer......


While at work on Monday, my wife snapped a couple of shots of a bird we have not seen all winter. Because of the topnotch I knew it was a titmouse bird. I think that I have only seen them in books and magazine articles.  Some bird books say they can be in our area but others say it usually stays in southern Iowa.  I am glad my wife caught the glimpse and grabbed the camera.  It was fun to go onto the net and have the bird site share the sounds of the titmouse.  I found that they are cousins to the chickadee and some of there sounds are the same or similar.

4 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

That new header photo is neat!

claude said...

Pretty little bird !

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I use the bird site alot myself! This is a super catch.

A Colorful World said...

Glad your wife took the photo! He's a pretty little titmouse.

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...