Monday, January 19, 2015

Leaning Back on Monday........


The downy is a lot like the nuthatch and chickadee when it comes to not finding a normal level on this earth.  They can be seen hanging upside down, some walking down the bark of a tree or sometimes at a diagonal. I don't really understand this pose but it is sitting on the ledge and resting.  I suppose it could have a seed that it is trying to get opened. 


 A second shot to share of a male downy clinging to the bottom of the wire cage that holds the cake of suet.  They remind me of a parrot or cockatiel as the slip slid around in all directions. By the way this bird is leaning in toward the feeder it is changing the camera perspective, it makes him looks shorter than he really is.

5 comments:

Karen said...

They are fascinating, aren't they? I read that God gave them a spongy cushion in their heads to absorb the shock of their pecking on the trees!

claude said...

He is hungry.
Your photo of your birch tree is very beautiful. I love the cardinal.

Valerie said...

You have reminded me of the days my dog and I walked in the woods - and the hours spent watching the woodpeckers. Happy days.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Very strange perch, indeed, but such a neat bird. Great captures.

A Colorful World said...

Great downy photos! I am still trying to get caught up with all my past commenters after such a busy Christmas! :-)

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...