Sunday, February 1, 2015

Looking Out Today........


Our snow storm that was predicted did happen.  It is still happening as this wet heavy snow is be added to as I blog.  The winds are going to start and then this all gets to be rearranged. This is my first view as I look out a window in the upstairs hallway.


If I were to only pick one photo for today, which is normal for me, I would have picked this one.  The birds were greeted with too much snow this morning and they were trying hard to find seed in my feeders.  I did a rescue and took out new trays of food to place on top of the snow.  These two birds are underneath the thistle seed feeder and are scampering around in the snow to get the best seeds that have fallen from above them.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have been following your weather. Praying for you both to be safe and warm. God bless you for feeding the birds.

Betsy Brock said...

Oh, it's beautiful! We're supposed to get some tonight. Our snows cover our feeders, too! I'm sure they were happy to see you come to the rescue!

Linda said...

Dear Larry,

I love the snow and your photos are absolutely gorgeous!

The Furry Gnome said...

I was beginning to think that you didn't get big winter snowstorms! Glad to know you have to suffer sometimes like we do!

Hilary said...

It looks lovely.. even though we've got a lot here too and it doesn't look quite as lovely when you have to shovel it.

Jeevan said...

Glad that you could even help those little ones amid the heavy snow storm! Amazing view

Valerie said...

At least it makes for beautiful pictures, but not so good for getting out and about. Our snow has been and gone although there is a rumour going around that it will be back.

Karen said...

These are lovely. Reminds me of photos in the IDEALS Christmas issues my Grandmother used to have.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...