Tuesday, February 10, 2015

River Birch.........


My river birch does not live near a river but it does get a lot of moisture from the garden shed that sits nearby. Leaning things against trees can be decorative but it also can be a good place to put your junk.  The reflection of the light on the snow really does turn the photographs blue.



A second shot to help you appreciate this species of tree.  The electric pole in the background draws a sharp contrast to the rough shedding bark of the birch.

7 comments:

Linda said...

I love the details here, Larry!

Betsy Brock said...

I've never seen one of these! Very textural, I'd say!

claude said...

Interesting to see the details of its trunk.

claude said...

Your wife is very talented, Larry.

L. D. said...

My wife is a great artist. She sells off of the internet so it isn't nothing to be shipping things anywhere in the world.
Thanks for the complement to her.

A Colorful World said...

What a gorgeous tree! And I love the first photo of it. Beautifully done!

Anonymous said...

I love this tree; makes me miss the one we had two homes ago.

Reflection