Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Tuesday's Shots.....


This is our view just outside the kitchen door.  My weather rock is covered and so is the bird feeder.  I will have to excavate snow to get the lid off for filling it with seed.  The sparrows are still reaching way back into the holes to get what they can from it. They won't starve as I just filled the triple tray feeder and also a ceramic platter with seed.





The birds have trampled down the snow while eating at the cafeware plate.  I tried to remove it this morning and it is frozen down right now.  I need to go ahead and put seed in the rundown one on the table. It has to warm up before I will deal with that.







Our little button dog is old.  He is 16 years old now and he has decided he needs help up that first step.  I nailed an extra board to widen the bottom step but he insists that we need to help him.  Once he is lifted up to the first step he quickly trots right up the next two levels.  This means in the middle of the night we still have to go out in a snow storm with strong blowing winds and lift his hind end up that five inches.  We love him and would do it all day if we had to. He actually can jump from the floor onto a couch but I think at one time he must have hit his nose on step number two and he isn't going to do that again.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wee sweet heart. That is alott of years.


My son and family loss his Teddy of ten years. We were so sad. Same type of dog like yours.

You sure got some snow. Pretty though.

Jeevan said...

Wow! Amazing snow scene... from the photos I could understand how strong the snow storm could been. Cute little button he is and I am glad you help him despite what the weather was.

Linda said...

Beautiful, Larry, your photos are fantastic!

Hilary said...

Winter has hit hard for sure. And you pooch is just adorable.

Kay said...

Good composition in the first photo. Cute dog in the second.

The Furry Gnome said...

You've got a fair bit of snow there Larry!

claude said...

Wow ! A lot of snow, Larry !
We got a little bit yesterday morning.

Valerie said...

Ah bless, Button looks so appealing in that picture. I don't blame him for being cautious.

Life Flight....

   Everyday and night the Life Flight helicopter is in action.  One time when I was out in the parking lot headed to my car I was able to se...