Monday, March 30, 2015

A Very Windy Day...........


It isn't as safe for the squirrel to eat from on the ground but one does what they have to do. The winds on Sunday were from out of the northwest and it was really strong.  It was hard to drive the car at the speed limit as it tossed the car back and forth like I didn't have control of it.  The birdfeeder has blown over only one other time and that was when I wasn't weighing down the base with bricks.  This one was weighed down with bricks and it still caused it to crash.




The bulbs are showing how big they are already in the above photo.  I think one or two of those are daffodils and the rest are tulips.  They usually don't do very well in this garden area.  Maybe I will get blooms this year.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect pictures for a windy day.

Squirrel is happy.

A Colorful World said...

Sorry your feeder blew over! We had some stiff winds a couple of weeks ago and I was glad when that abated!

claude said...

Oh my ! I hope the bird feeder is not broken.
We have wind too over here.

Valerie said...

We have the winds today but they're nothing like as strong as yours. Hope the bird table didn't break.

Linda said...

The squirrel is an opportunist and this one is no exception. Great photo and I hope that there was no damage to the bird feeder.

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...