Friday, March 20, 2015

Ditch Lily Time.......



The warming of the soil gives the field lilies the chance to come alive. This patch looks like it will do well again this year.  It doesn't have Barney tromping through it so it will be lush and full of leaves.  My other major patch has a border collie who wants to make it his pathway during the winter.  I have some of that area fenced off a little.  The square of concrete in the back left of the picture must either be a well cover or was the front step to an old coal shed.  I never saw the shed but was told there were a lot of buildings out and about the property.  All were removed before I bought the place.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Happy first day of spring!

Anonymous said...

These lilies will be so colorful and pretty.

Valerie said...

Seeing the new growth is like a tonic. I love to wander round the garden to see it all happen.

A Colorful World said...

Love ditch lilies! We saw them a lot in Texas!

Reflection