Monday, March 16, 2015

Finials on Monday.........


Actually there is only one finial in this post.  I added them in certain areas along the top of my fence.  The one finial is the one that the squirrels use to jump onto the ash tree.  I received this fence already weathered and it was also free.  A company in Des Moines tore it down off of the edge of their parking lot and my son who worked for the company salvaged it for me.  It was a very snowy day when we went to pick it up and we had to carry each eight foot panel up a hill to get them to the truck. Putting up an already weathered fence really works with an old house. I have had it almost ten years but it looks like it has been there for years.

2 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

What a great idea...it really adds a lot of charm!

A Colorful World said...

I like the look of weathered wood!

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...