Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Hopeville........


A cap that was worn by an old classmate of mine while attending a class of 1968 get together in Murray, Iowa.  Hopeville in southern Iowa, south of Murray, Iowa was a larger town in the late 1800's which never did have the train go through their town.  It has now maybe one family home in the whole area with a large cemetery outside of the town's site.  I was born and lived in a farmhouse probably four miles away from Hopeville, Iowa.  They have music reunions in the old town park annually. There are a lot of guitars, banjos, violins, and a piano player putting out music for many hours.

Hopeville, Iowa on my Creative Zone Blog,  click here. 

Another extensive post by a past resident of Hopeville, Iowa, just if you are curious, click here. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I clicked on the link - that is very interesting.

The Furry Gnome said...

There's a hopeville a ways south of us here that we drive through regularly. Perhaps a dozen occupied houses. I assume the name reflects someone's idea that it would grow much bigger one day.

Karen said...

Those reunions sound like lots of fun. I am amazed at how your grandson has grown. Handsome picture of him on the sidebar!

claude said...

Hopeville is a nice name.
My hubby has not heads enough to wear all the caps he bought in America.

Russell said...

Good to see your photos again - I have been away for some time but always like seeing your pictures from Iowa.

Appreciate you stopped by my blog a few days ago. Yes, the basilica in Des Moines is quite a beautiful structure though I confess I never was in it until a week ago. I have driven by it many times but never realized how ornate it is because the exterior is so commercial looking.

Hopefully we will get some more rain here in Iowa this spring as we need the moisture.

A Colorful World said...

Fascinating stuff. I'm glad you get together for the music festival with old friends. Loved reading more about Hopeville!

Tall and Short....

 At four in the morning and one is walking the empty hallways, one never knows what the camera might shoot.