Thursday, April 16, 2015

Bluebell Thursday......


New England bluebells in central Iowa are one of my favorites.  I think I have seen them growing wild in our farm timber in southern Iowa. The farm in southern Iowa had some that were planted and probably had been shared among farm people. The timber flowers  probably were brought in by people in covered wagons as I don't think they are a wildflower. They spread by their bulb and not by seed.  These blooms really have not opened yet.  I was surprised to see them matured this much but I was glad that I caught them at this stage.

6 comments:

Jeevan said...

Very pretty and looks aptly they named! Interesting how they spread by rather seeds.

A Colorful World said...

So charming! Love these pretty bluebells too!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Awesome- those are very pretty!

Anonymous said...

They are so beautiful.

Betsy Brock said...

Those are so pretty! I'm showing off some blue flowers today, too!

Valerie said...

It is always a pleasure to see bluebells. Ours are a completely different type to yours but I still like them.

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...