Friday, April 10, 2015

Spring Snow........


To mock my yesterday's title I will call it snow today.  We had snow in the evening for about an hour.  It was interesting as it did quit and did not stay as the temperatures stayed above freezing.  The dove and the female cardinal are busy picking up scrap seed from the patio floor.  I am thinking from viewing other photos of the cardinal that this is a first litter bird as it hasn't developed the colors of the female yet and it is almost all yellowish.  I had to look it up to see that they can hatch young cardinals in 12 days.  I don't know how long they stay in the nest but it does seem like a short time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My grandma's birthday was mid april and many times ga would have an ice/sleet storm for that. I hope your weather will be nice for you and the birds this weekend.

Betsy Brock said...

Hope the snow didn't accumulate! ha.
That female looks like she's molting her winter feathers to get her summer ones, to me. Just out of the nest her parents would still be running around feeding her and she would be flapping her wings incessantly.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...