Saturday, April 4, 2015

Sunshine on Saturday........


The cactus that I shared yesterday bloomed yesterday afternoon.  How could one resist not buying this plant?   There is not a variety name on it but its leaf structure is different than the one I already have.  The kind of bloom is completely different.  I have never seen this before on this kind of cactus. There were red and orange blooming ones at the store also. I am still concerned about how heavily watered that it is from the store's care.  I hope it doesn't effect the rest of the blooms and that I can see all of them blooming. Like some other flowers the bloom closed up in the night and I assume will again come back out this afternoon.

4 comments:

Kay said...

Very nice shot Larry.

You had commented on my "Kay's Fotoblog" picture that you hoped I was not having the problem with drought like Southern California.

I live in Southern California and it's not just Southern California that is having the drought, it is the entire state.

We here in SoCal get our water from the snow pack in the northern part of the state, but there is no snow pack this year. The lakes and rivers in Northern California are running dry.

It is really a bad situation.

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks beautiful!

Linda said...

Larry, it is gorgeous!!! Happy Easter to you. :)

Valerie said...

I have never seen this type of cactus. It's very pretty though and I love the close-up picture.

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...