Thursday, June 11, 2015

Hosta Hangout........




The bench seems to be a comfortable place for the angel to sit.  While writing about this statue it brought back memories of a photo of the statue sitting in the snow with drifts all around it. That had to be quite a few years ago and I now bring it inside each fall.

The hostas are a good payoff when it comes to having good foliage.  I have larger hostas this year that really may need to be divided.  The dry weather in the past years wasn't kind to them but they are now doing very well.  I think I will just keep digging and spreading them all over the gardens as they do well and they are a lot less work than other things that I have planted. 

5 comments:

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

She's pretty- and doesn't look like she has seen too many harsh seasons. I love the bench, too. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I remember seeing snow on the Angel's head. I love your hosta. We have 2 clumps a neighbor gave us last year and they are growing bigger and doing well. It is nice to have plants you can divide!

The Furry Gnome said...

Your Angel looks quite at home sitting on that bench.

claude said...

I love your angel. I have the same hosta, this one on the left.

Jeevan said...

Beautiful capture over there and cute setting of the bench and angel! Lovely embrace by Hostas

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.