Monday, June 8, 2015

Keeping Cool in the Big Pond






I kept these two fish in the little tank in the house all winter. I think they have been out there last summer as I remember having seven feeder fish and there were only two left that had survived by fall.  It all blurs together as the years go by but I do know they started out as small 13 cent fish.  The reason that I remember is that it took me about three weeks to finally get someone to wait on me at Walmart to let me buy some. I kept returning different times when we were buying groceries and on the third try I did finally steal someone from the cookie and candy section to come over to help me get fish. These two were not scared of me this morning as they were busy skimming the surface for mosquito larve.

8 comments:

Linda said...

Lovely photos, Larry. It is nice that two survived.

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your fish/pond pictures.

Want to let you know that Ditto, our 9 yr old cat, passed away today.
He had cancer of the jaw bone.

I know you guys still miss your Yellow Kitty.

Betsy Brock said...

Our Walmart stopped carrying fish....I was sad! You really got a good deal on those and they look huge now! Very fun! And mosquito eaters, too! Can't beat that!

Cranberry Morning said...

Great photos, Larry!! I bet they're pretty happy fish! As for the horse, American Pharoah, I read later that there had been a horse-naming contest for him and some lady had entered the name 'American Pharoah,' spelling pharaoh incorrectly. And yep, once it was registered that way, it stays that way. Funny!

claude said...

That's great. On last fall we saw in our pond nine baby fish.

Valerie said...

Our Walmart doesn't sell real fish, only the frozen variety. Great shot of them here, a real splash of colour.

Anonymous said...

Great takes.

Jeevan said...

Nice colorful fishes!

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...