Monday, July 13, 2015

Sunflower Promise.........


The lens was foggy from the heavy humidity outside.  I brought the air conditioned camera out into the humidity and the lens went to fog.  The blur adds to the photo as I take a shot of a volunteer sunflower that came up from some birdseed falling from a feeder.  I know knowledge wise that people say sunflowers follow the sun but I really never took time to document it.  Yesterday afternoon this bud was facing the west.  This morning it was facing the eastern sun.  I assume the stem swings around slowly and by noon it will be facing south before it moved into the west again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A wonderful photo. A blog friend of mine (MadSnapper blog) received a GIANT sunflower head by mail from another blog friend and posted about it today.

Valerie said...

I think the humid atmosphere added to the picture. I get all sorts of unknown flowers from birdseed but never managed to get a sunflower. I guess the birds want those seeds all to themselves and don't spill any.

Jeevan said...

I too have never observed the sunflowers direction... and to see sunflowers here we need to drive far away from the city.

A Colorful World said...

I had a volunteer sunflower out of the bird seed the first full summer we were here! This photo does look like it's "artfully" done, not a bit of an accident. :-)

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.