Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Showing Off........





I find myself saving back photos for this post and then they get buried or used on facebook.  I never make it to the original site that I intended for it to be displayed.  This twisted stemmed zinnia has stayed the course and just today I staked it back up into a standing place. How the stem got twisted can only be blamed on weather and gravity.  I found an old tomato cage that I could place into the middle of the zinnias and I drew each fallen stem back into a semi vertical position. 

The shot on the side here is one that has a shriveled, old flower look.  It almost has a personality with the way that it is weathering.  This is a mulit-petaled one that had been one of the first to bloom.

5 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Still very pretty even after its prime!

claude said...

Beautiful !

Valerie said...

I'm glad you went to the aid of the zinnias. Long stems are often a pain for our beautiful flowers.

Jeevan said...

Good to see multi-petaled zinnia, which is first for me too.

A Colorful World said...

It has an artistic bent. Very pretty though aging.

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.