Saturday, August 22, 2015

Wandering through HIstory........


As I remove 50 years of class composites from their frames I am reminded of all of the families in this community.  Certain classes of certain years I am identifying grandparents of some of the children that have been in my classroom.  More recent years I see the parents of my classroom student.  As visitors come to the house many are doing what I am doing here tipping the frames and peeking into the faces of the past.






Taking photos of framed photos makes for interesting compositions. The history of all the lives is revealed through dress, hairstyles and the photo techniques themselves.  I have only 9 left to take apart and to start the next step of the process in their new display panels.





As I do work with these I can see the line in time where no one is possibly still alive.  I also see people like our good friend Avis who is in the class of 1955.  She use to be our neighbor but has moved to a different area of town.  Being an outsider of the town, having moved here in 1976, I am amazed at the number of people that have their generations of family rooted here.  I would never had known until I spot their parents or grandparents in one of the composites.  I am always saying out loud to my wife, I can't believe that so and so graduated from this school.

4 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Must be really interesting history!

Anonymous said...

A very interesting and thought provoking task you have taken on. Alpharetta GA (where we grew up) was like that for many years.

Since I don't blog any longer, I thought I would share here that when we opened the blinds this a.m., a hummer was enjoying the Mexican petunias outside the window - flying from one bloom to another!

Also, we have several butterflies enjoying the last of the butterfly weed blooms.

We did enjoy lunch at the Mex. restaurant yesterday. We are treated like family by the owner and her staff. There is still a look of confusion that we are referred to as grandma and grandpa! We took the owner, Patty, a selection of chocolates from the candy store. Oh, just the fragrance from all that candy was intoxicating but we were good and did not even try one piece!

Valerie said...

The revival of memories. You have an interesting occupation, Larry.

Jeevan said...

You sound very interesting!!

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...