Sunday, September 6, 2015

In the Shed.......


Art teachers tend to collect things for still life drawing.  An experienced art teacher collects some really unusual things.  Mickie Smeltzer brought in a cow skull into the classroom for me back in the 1980's.  It smelled a little and as time went by the teeth did fall out or the students removed them.  I can remember the expression on his face as he handed it to me.  You would have thought he was handing to me a treasure chest or his Olympic medal.  For an art teacher it was a prized piece and I had hit the big time with not a human skeleton or stuffed birds but a cow skull.   It now hangs in my shed.  I bet every high school student that I ever had would be able to tell you about drawing the cow skull or even doing paintings of the cow skull.

2 comments:

Jeevan said...

This is very interesting and remind me the real skeleton I see in the lab of my school then and we even scare to pass that place. The cow's horn look amazing!

The Furry Gnome said...

A neat old treasure!

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.