Thursday, October 1, 2015

A Pair of Unmatched Chairs.........


Trying to find a photo that doesn't have any blooms in it and here it is.  I collect free chairs.  I was given the rocker in the background back in 1975.  A neighbor was clearing out her collection of chairs.  The foreground chair is a free one from off of the curb.  I like good design and I really like good hardwood chairs.  I don't need this chair.  I was surprised my wife didn't tell me to put it back but she has that same weakness.  I promised myself that some one more chair will now leave the house.  I have a few that can go and I will never use them.  This chair would make a great desk chair.

4 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

It's amazing what you can find on the curb, isn't it? Our porch swing was rescued from the curb several years ago!

Jeevan said...

The chair looks good and strong enough! Standard is something missing in today many products... esp. the chairs lose their balance and if it was a plastic chair it's worst.

Valerie said...

I like both chairs, each has it's own colour and style. I don't think I could bear to part with either.

Anonymous said...

Great looking chairs. When John could drive, he would often stop in his truck and pick up roadside treasures.

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...