Friday, October 23, 2015

Brick with a History........


This brick was on my property when I bought it.  It has a lot of history but I don't think it was from being used under my house.  The cement used to stick it to another brick or foundation still is attached.  I noticed from the photo that the two holes on the left are different sized from the one on the right.   I don't know why they would construct it that way. The arch on the left window means that possible the other two are also arched. 

It is a very heavy brick compared to the modern ones that I have around on the property.  I set it into the bottom of my stock tank/ fish pond.  I set the pump on it so it will be just the right height for circulation of the water and sometime a fountain spray. The brick used for my basement are red ceramic brick and maybe the stairs down from outside to the basement were originally made from some of these.  I don't have any other bricks like this on the property.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

It reminds me of the fancy edging on low walls. I seem to remember my grandfather building a similar kind of wall... and we used to watch mice and birds duck under the arches.

Betsy Brock said...

If bricks could talk! Lol...

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...