Saturday, October 3, 2015

Yesterday and Today...........



I was surprised to see that I had a white morning glory.  It didn't show up very well against my aging white trim boards.  Yesterday I spotted it when I came home from school. Up to that time I saw the bud but couldn't guess what color it would be.

This morning the second one bloomed.  The cold wind chills make it seem hesitant to bloom.  I think the vines will be dead before all those buds ever get to bloom.

I replaced most all of my trim boards on my house but this back side shows what a 111 year old house does as it's paint jobs decay.  New fresh wood or a heating tool to remove all the old paint would get rid of all that texture. The siding you see there is also just as old and has not been replaced with new like the most of the house has had done.

The Picasa was refusing to download one of my blue morning glories this morning.  I think it has seen enough of them too.  I spared the viewing of it and once the frost hits I will be moving on to other things.  I see my birch and red maple are both starting to turn in places today.  

4 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Very pretty!

Valerie said...

And lots more to come, judging by all the buds.

Jeevan said...

I could sense how troublesome for them to bloom against windchill!

Anonymous said...

I don't often see white morning glories. Look forward to seeing your trees wearing their Autumn finery!

Reflection