Saturday, February 6, 2016

Surprixe Bloom.....


The first bloom on this amaryllis was disappointing.  It never did put out a full bloom.  The stem stayed short because it has already sprouted in the box before I bought it.  I didn't do much with it after it was planted and the first bloom that partially bloomed is still dead on the stem.  I noticed this morning that a second bud was hiding on the stem and here it is as a partial bloom. My half off deal gave me two half bloomed flowers.  I think the roots didn't have enough time to get established in the dirt before it bloomed. I should see leaves starting to sprout but nothing like that is happen yet.

2 comments:

Jeevan said...

Sounds like a surprise bloom! Splendid capture

Anonymous said...

I always enjoyed having these blooms during the winter months. Most often, the stems would get too long and break!
Hope you both (and the dogs) are staying safe and warm.

Balance of Strong Colors....

  The Rembrandt kind of tulips are just now starting to bloom. The colors are so vibrant.