Friday, March 18, 2016

Tropical Visit in Iowa.........


It is a jungle in there when you walk into the Des Moines Botanical Center.  It was around 84 degrees F. and the humidity was very high.  It isn't easy to adjust to that temperature when you are still having late winter weather outside.

We visited the center on Thursday.  It had been a long time since we had visited.  They had remodeled some of it removing a lot of  plants and replanting for better growth.  They added an elevator to get one upstairs to a viewing deck which gave us more places for taking photos.










I took about 60 photos and only threw away 10 of them so I have many of photos to share.  One photo a day will not work well for me now so I will be sharing more than just one photo. I have visuals of fish, flowers, furniture, desert plants and many palms to share.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Gorgeous photos, Larry!

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks like aneat place! Botanical gardens are always interesting.

Jeevan said...

That’s wonderful jungle setting with different plant and tree species making it enrich! Beautiful light across and splendid orchid

Anonymous said...

Pretty photos. What a gorgeous orchid! The heat/humidity in places like this really do a number on my hair!!!

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...