Saturday, May 21, 2016

It Blooms Again.......


I was surprised to see this open up a couple of days ago.  This old fashion iris was among the iris that were being destroyed by the iris borer.  I did move some of it but it took two years to revive.  The place where it originally had grown has no iris plants there now.

I remember the iris with brown falls when they really are almost purple in color.  I guess I have remembered them wrong and the light that they are growing in shows the blue purple color.  When this iris was blooming in its full glory years ago I could take group shots of it in a row of vast flowers. Maybe that will happen again next year.  It is truly an old cemetery iris with its size being small and the proportions of the falls being equal in size to the top of the flower.


2 comments:

Jeevan said...

Interesting perspective on the iris!

Betsy Brock said...

The colors are pretty!

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...