Friday, June 24, 2016

Hydrangea a la Foundation..........




This is one of the best springs that we could have had for the hydrangea. It received plenty of rain early in spring and caused robust growth.  I didn't pay much attention and then there is the wonderful explosion.  I posted these blooms a couple of weeks ago and they are now fully opened up and beautiful.

I can see why one of the varieties like this is called a snowball bush. This one was an old foundation hydrangea that I am sure does not have any special pedigree.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty - a real show stopper.

Betsy Brock said...

Gorgeous! I haven't seen a white one in quite a while!

claude said...

Wow ! Wonderful !

Valerie said...

I didn't know there were white ones... how marvellous.

Jeevan said...

This kind of flowers bloom in the hill stations here... Lovely bunch of balls

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...