Thursday, July 14, 2016

Bumblebee Buffet.......


I have a large crop of monarda this year.  The bumblebees are everywhere.  I have taken a lot of shots but none of them seem to be in focus. Last evening I was out with the macro setting on and stood right against the plants.  It was a feeding frenzy.   I never noticed before that they are scraping the underneath the petals of this flower.

As the flowers matured they seem to be getting darker in color. I don't know how much longer they will stay in bloom but when they change they become a dead looking dark brown. 

2 comments:

Jeevan said...

Captures the buzzing bees are very difficult and u well tired! I also liked the leaves of the plants

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite plants.

Blurry Blue Cup Day.....

 It is Monday and I am a little blurry eyed today. It is fitting then my blue cup is blurred a little because it is in low light. I was too ...