Thursday, October 27, 2016

Making the Connection......



As the row of green cars are backed into the row of faded orange cars there is a thud sound made as they connect. It is designed to automatically connect as the one hub slides into the other, interlocking the two.  The connection is a good connection and yet the cars are allowed to bump up and down as the joint is loose vertically. 

As we rode along on the orange car we could see the green car bounce up and down not really affecting the our car.  As I thought about it I wondered if it was our car that really was traveling up and down over bumps and the green car was not the one bouncing.  Maybe you will already know my next comment.  I bet they both were taking turns bouncing, one was going up when the other was going down as we hit the connections of the old rails.

3 comments:

Jeevan said...

Sounds interesting! Its been ages i went on a train

Anonymous said...

I can almost "hear" the sounds you describe here. We loved to take rides on the train at Stone Mountain with Karen's children when they were young.

Karen said...

I went on one long train trip in 1972 to see the fall foliage in the North Georgia mountains. I know you enjoyed this trip.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...