Thursday, January 12, 2017

Turntable Memories.......


I had various types of record players when I was growing up.  The first little kids player was in a suitcase and it played small colorful records.  My brother repaired electronics in Kansas City and he brought home for the family an antique piece of furniture with a speaker in it. He had with it a salvaged turntable and amplifier, giving us a way to play great sounds. In my young professional days  I bought a turntable that had the 8 track player with it. That has been in the landfill for years now.  My wife gave to me a turntable 10 years ago as a Christmas gift to let us play all those old albums that we had not heard from for years. Who would have thought that the younger generations have decided to get back into vinyl, and now you can buy them again in stores.

6 comments:

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I haven't seen any LPs in the stores yet, but I would be delighted to know that they are on the way back. My granddaughter calls them ginat cds. I just laugh. I have a close shelf full of the LPs and two boxes of 45s, which were my favorite items to buy with my allowance when I was young. I have a super old player system that beloned to my grandmother, but it is put up. Your violet photo below is gorgeous.

Betsy Brock said...

Yep...they're making a come back! I can't believe it!

Valerie said...

They say things always come back into fashion if we wait long enough. I'm wishing now I hadn't got rid of all my LPs. There has always been a record store in my city, a guy who refused to give up. He did a good trade in oldies.

Anonymous said...

John once had an electronics repair business and he has quite a collection of old records. When mother was alive, he would sit with her for hours playing old tunes.

Jeevan said...

Good to see and hear the record player era back... I ever listen to it before but have seen the disks at the scrap shop. Hope u enjoy playing your favorite tracks.

Anonymous said...

I too wish I had kept my record Albums. I had some good ones but for years I go to YouTube and I still can hear all my fav. Thank goodness for YouTube.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...