Saturday, July 29, 2017

Swallowtail......


Looking down on the flower garden I could see this light colored butterfly fluttering back and forth on the zinnias.  I grabbed the camera and went down the stairs to get out there thinking I would never get a shot.

The swallowtail seemed to be  so excited about there being so many flowers to eat from that he didn't notice me being around. I just randomly shot pictures, as I could tell this insect was flipping back and forth so fast. I just snapped without looking through the viewfinder.

Life gets so busy that I forgot that the zinnias would be a draw for the butterflies.  I did remember that I liked taking photos of the flowers but it did jog my memory when I saw this one having such a great time.

I am still spraying individual Japanese beetles that seem to keep hanging around.

2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Gorgeous pictures!

Dianna said...

Thank you for the reminder about the Zinnias being a good flower to draw the butterflies in. I will be planting some next year.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...