Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Fledged Goldfinch........


Early Monday morning we were watching a male feed one of its newly hatched on the rod of this feeder.  By afternoon a batch of them were on the feeder. This is the first for us to ever see. Having seen this I have many more questions about this bird.  I did see on the net that a fledged group can be as large as this.  I am wondering if both the female and male get to be full yellow or are these two both male adult birds.

At one time there were six young goldfinches on the feeder.  In the evening while I was out on the deck, I could see them flying around and landing in trees as a group.

I could retake all of these photos again as they are all back at the feeder again this Tuesday morning. Today we have young ones on the deck picking up seed that has fallen there while the sock was being filled. Because of my concern of losing the shot, I ended up with some bad shots.  I did get to eventually take my time in taking the photos as they didn't seem too concerned about me being in the window.

2 comments:

Jeevan said...

Lovely capture and looks they truly enjoy

George said...

Your photos could have been taken on our deck, as we have seen the same grouping of young gold finches.

Reflection