Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Monarch on Task......


The sun was bright and it made it harder to take shots of the monarch.  The butterfly wings have a reflective characteristic which dulls out the color in certain light. I finally caught this one on a flower with the butterfly in shadow on the one side. Its has true color in this particular lights.

The monarch feeds with its wings closed on the zinnia flower.  I am remembering that they open their wings when feeding on a coneflower. I am still battling the Japanese beetle on the zinnias.  They can be sprayed and it takes them out, but I have to keep visiting the flowers often to keep them down. The good thing is that I need to take a camera with me because some sort of butterfly is feeding when I am there. The liquid I spray on the beetles is not a poison so the spray doesn't effect the butterflies.

2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Always nice to see a Monarch! Got my first pictures of one this year today.

Jeevan said...

Excellent capture despite the light affecting the butterfly! Lovely shots

Reflection