Saturday, September 30, 2017

Bakers and Folgers.......


While looking for things to share on my blogs, I looked up and saw this. It isn't a set up.  I was given the shining bright Folgers can as a gift years ago. Being a coffee addict, I just couldn't throw it away. While emptying a box of leftovers in the basement, I found the old can and just placed in on a blank spot of the shelf.  I was going to move it later stop be with all my other antique cans.  So I have display of a coffee can that is a probably seventy five years old and a new can aged 15 years old. The kids have a Lego box sitting there too that holds valuable lego pieces, probably thirty years old. If it had been a set-up I could have grabbed a bunch of old stuff to sit around the two coffee cans.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the vintage cans. You are fortunate to still have your sons' toys/games to share with your grandsons. Your comment just now about baking bread in round, glass cylinders reminds me....Probably in the 70's, mother saw the idea to bake a pound cake in a COFFEE can and it, of course, was round! Made a good conversation piece when church members would visit after Sun. night church.

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is perfect! And I bet this old can would be worth something, too. I love all things coffee.

Jeevan said...

Cool old cans. I love coffee

Bouquet